Enjoy Your Thanksgiving Day Travel With Your Family
Best places to celebrate Thanksgiving Day
Get your Cheap Flight Tickets for Thanksgiving Day Travel and visit some of the best holiday places in America to enjoy with your family.
Know about Thanksgiving Day ....
Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November. It is mostly celebrated in North American countries. It is celebrated as the harvest festival. It is the busiest American holiday as people travel back to their homes to spend the rest of the day with their family members. People enjoy this day by playing games and cooking the evening meal together and later thanking for everything that they have. This year it will be celebrated on 24th of November.
Places For Thanksgiving Day Travel?
Thanksgiving holiday is a very busy time of the year to travel to some great places. You can get the cheapest air tickets for the Thanksgiving trip here! You can visit your nearest destination to enjoy the holiday and a long weekend. Here are our top picks to celebrate the holiday.
We have listed some of the best places in America to visit during Thanksgiving to make your Thanksgiving Day Travel more cheerful.
1. Lake Placid, New York
Lake Placid is a village in New York which is good to enjoy during winters, though this place never goes off season because of its immense beauty and silence. The snow-capped high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains surround this location. It is one of the best places to celebrate Thanksgiving in US with your family and friends and you can enjoy various outdoor activities here. There is no bad time to explore the beauty of this place as each season has its own magic here. You can go for fishing near the lake or you can hike up on the mountains, this place has a lot to offer. There are hundreds of miles of hiking trails, waterfalls, ski slopes, and historic sites in this area. Also, there are hundreds of beautiful hotels, restaurants and lodges which makes it a perfect place to enjoy thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Book your cheap flight tickets to Lake Placid for thanksgiving day travel or get your last minute flight deals here.
More places to visit near Lake Placid –
- Olympic Site – Lake Placid is more popular in winters than in any season because of its snowy peaks. It is also known as winter sports capital of America. This place is continuously working on keeping those Olympic sites alive and open for tourism. You can do skiing and snow boarding on the slopes of Whiteface Mountain which is one of the most visited skiing destination in America with more than 22 miles of skiing and riding. You can even go for cross-country skiing at Mt. Van Hoevenberg or visit the Olympic Jumping Complex and ride the brand-new high-speed gondola there. Also, do visit the Lake Placid Olympic Museum for more such Olympic sights. You can easily get budget hotels near Whiteface mountains.
- Mirror Lake – The Lake Placid village sits upon this lake. This 124-acre lake is the main attraction of the village where you can go for fishing and enjoy the picnic. There is a 2.7 mile long route near the lake where you can enjoy walking, biking, jogging or running. Also, enjoy canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, and swimming in the lake. Mirror Lake becomes one of the busiest spots in Lake Placid during winters as the lake frozes where you can enjoy pond hockey and ice skating, etc.
- Brewster Peninsula Nature Trail – Trails around Brewster Peninsula are a collection of access roads and newly packed trails which are available year-round for various outdoor activities like running, hiking, fishing, snowshoeing, or skiing. It has several trails including the Corridor Trail, the Lake Shore Trail, the Boundary Trail, and the Ridge Trail. Lake Shore Trail runs along the shore of Lake Placid.
2. Portsmouth, New Hampshire
It was one of the most important ports of the Colonial Era and is a perfect place for tourists who are interested in knowing more about American history. This place has so many Colonial and Federal homes which are still in good condition and are open to the public. Along with knowing the history, you can even enjoy live arts, music and cultural events here. It has dozens of restaurants owned by award-winning chefs where you can enjoy great traditional and continental food.
Book your cheap flight tickets to Portsmouth for thanksgiving day travel or get your last minute flight deals here.
More places to visit near Portsmouth –
Strawberry Banke Museum – This 10-acre Museum has been named for the first settlement here on the bank of the Piscataqua River, at the mouth of Great Bay. The furnishing and decoration of some of the houses here represents that era. These houses have been preserving history from last four centuries which are now open for public visit. This place is one of the best places to visit for American history. Address: 454 Court Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Prescott Park – This park is situated near the Strawberry Banke and includes beautiful gardens of perennial and annual flowers. It also has a demonstration garden, performance space, and public docks with benches to sit and enjoy the view. You can enjoy dazzling tulip displays in the spring and beautiful beds of brilliant flowers in summer. It also hosts an Arts Festival in summers where you can enjoy music and theater. Address: Marcy Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
The Music Hall – It was built in 1878 and is one of the oldest continuously operating concert halls in the United States and has hosted acts of greatest works from Mark Twain and Buffalo Bill Cody to Wynton Marsalis. It has now become the seacoast region’s hub for live concerts, theater, musicals, simulcasts by the Metropolitan Opera, vintage Hollywood movies, and art film screenings. It has a beautiful Beaux Arts lobby from where you can reach the auditorium which has a horseshoe balcony and painted ceiling. Music Loft which is comparatively smaller venue is a contemporary black box theater designed for stage and screen programs. Address: 28 Chestnut Street, Portsmouth, New Hampshire
3. Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara is a beautiful place in California which has gorgeous palm-lined beaches, glamorous homes, and elegant Spanish-style architecture. This beach town is surrounded by the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Channel Islands which makes it a perfect thanksgiving holiday destination in America. You can go on the hiking trails or visit the palm-lined roads along the beach or you can even go for whale watching.
Also, this town has many art venues where world-class dance and music performances keep happening throughout the year. There are several museums to go with the kids too. Also, this place has so many famous vineyards too where you can make visit.
Book your cheap flight tickets to Santa Barbara for thanksgiving day travel or get your last minute flight deals here.
More places to visit near Portsmouth –
- Clock Tower at County Courthouse – It is a National Historic Landmark and is one of the architectural jewels of the city. It has an amazing architecture from where you can enjoy the beautiful view of the city which makes it one of the top places to visit in Santa Barbara. It has beautiful hand-painted ceilings in its corridors along with ornate tile work and wrought-iron chandeliers. Another main attraction of this courthouse is its Mural Room which depicts the history of this beautiful town. This place also has a sunken garden with palms and various varieties of plants.
- East Beach – It is one of the major beaches of Santa Barbara. As this beach is least crowded, you can enjoy various activities and sports here including playing volleyball on the beach and can also enjoy a picnic with your family. You can go for a walk or can enjoy the swim. East Beach Grill restaurant offers you many fresh seafood dishes that you can enjoy with your loved ones on the thankgiving holiday.
- Knapp’s Castle – This historical castle is surrounded by the hills of Santa Barbara. Around 1916, it used to be the home of George Knapp who was the founder of Union Carbide. Much of its observatories and bedrooms were destroyed in a forest fire in 1940 but the stone skeleton of the home remained. Now it has turned into one of the most popular places to visit by hikers in Santa Barbara.
- Cold Spring Tavern – It is a great place to enjoy a weekend night with the family. It was built in 1886 as a way station to connect Santa Barbara with other regions. There are many historical buildings in the vicinity and also a bar and a tavern that remains open for visitors. The tavern hosts musical entertainment which many people love to enjoy.
4. Estes Park, Colorado
Estes Park is a beautiful town in Northern Colorado and is a base for the Rocky Mountain National Park. It is also considered a favorite mountain getaway in America. This place is home to a variety of wildlife including bears and elk. This place looks more beautiful in winter when the rocky mountains get covered by white snow. You can get great deals for lodging in the Elkhorn Avenues and enjoy its warmth and charming twinkling lights.
Along with these things, this town has many hotels and restaurants that provide great thanksgiving meals prepared by localites and expert chefs.
Book your cheap flight tickets to Estes Park for thanksgiving day travel or get your last minute flight deals here.
More places to visit near Estes Park-
- Rocky Mountain National Park Tour – Wildside 4×4 offers so many tour packages for the National Park which covers everything from park pass to snacks, drinks and winter gears. It also offers off-road tours for adults and children who are above 5 years. It is a perfect place to enjoy with your family and children.
- Hidden Valley – Opened in 1955, Hidden Valley Ski Area has ski lifts leading up and down the mountain. Just 10 miles from Estes Park, it is not only local’s favorite skiing spot but also tourists from all over the country loves to visit this one of the favorite winter destination of America on Thanksgiving Holidays. Also, it has become one of America’s greatest sledding hills.
- Snowy Peaks Winery – To beat the cold in Estes Park, there are so many famous wineries and breweries that serves you the best beer. Some places are Estes Park Brewery, Lumpy Ridge, Rock Cut and Avant Garde Aleworks which always remain local’s and tourist’s favorite liquor spots. Snowy Peaks offers so many award-winning hand-crafted wines that you can taste and enjoy with your mates.
7. Arlington, Texas
Arlington is a city in Texas that is famous for its planetarium and rich wildlife. Also, the AT&T stadium hosts various football matches for Dallas Cowboys football team and concerts are organized which can be enjoyed by the localites and tourists at any time of the year. River Legacy Living Science Center is a perfect and a must-visit place for children. Arlington is one of the best city to spend a decent vacation with your friends and family on thanksgiving.
Book your cheap flight tickets to Arlington for thanksgiving day travel or get your last minute flight deals here.
More places to visit in Arlington-
- Planetarium in University of Texas – The University of Texas has one of the most famous and amazing planetarium in America. Planetariums are the best way to explore and know more about the galaxies and the stars. You can get the amazing feeling of traveling in space by sitting in one place. It is considered as one of the best things to do in Arlington.
- River Legacy Park – River Legacy Park is a perfect place to spend quality time with your friends and family. You can enjoy your vacation in the lap of mother nature and can visit some of city’s main attractions too. There is so much to do in this park as it has a long walking trail covered with shady trees and surrounded by over 400 species of animals and 193 species of birds. You can even see the skeleton of T-rex dinosaur and the large aquarium which is famous in this area.
- Six Flags Over Texas – Six Flags Over Texas is perfect weekend getaway in Arlington and also one of the best and unique things to do in Arlington. It has so many adventurous rides including the tallest roller coaster.
8. Gatlinburg, Tennessee
It is a perfect destination to celebrate the Thanksgiving weekend near the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You can enjoy horse riding and go hiking to waterfalls or witness the aerial way of Ober Gatlinburg. Also, this place has some great wineries, breweries and distilleries.
What to eat on Thanksgiving Day?
1. Roasted Turkey
It is the most popular thanksgiving dish in America. It is cooked using fresh herbs, lemon and many other ingredients to give it the most authentic flavor.
2. Mashed Potatoes
Thanksgiving meal is considered incomplete without mashed potatoes. It’s a simple yet classic way to enjoy the holiday. You can add your own flavors to it.
3. Cranberry sauce
It is a classic Thanksgiving food that can be used used to roast and stuff the turkey or you can enjoy it as a wonderful side dish also.
4. Apple Pie
It is a classic American dessert that can be savored anytime. It can be garnished with some cinnamon and cranberries and is served warm with some vanilla ice cream on top of it.
5. Pecan Pie
Another dessert that is considered a part of a classic thanksgiving meal is the Pecan Pie. It is generally baked with nuts, butter, molasses, sugar and other sweet ingredients but yet some regions have their own Pecan Pie variations.
6. Baked Potatoes
These are not the most common thanksgiving food but still are very popular. They can be baked with some butter, salt and pepper but other toppings can also be added such as cheese, bacon, herbs and spices
7. Mac and Cheese
It is a classic all-American favorite food. It originated in Southern America but became so popular that every American can call it their favorite food. Thanksgiving meal is incomplete without Mac and Cheese on the table. With so many non-vegetarian options on the table, you should have at least a vegetarian option also.
8. Pumpkin Pie
In 1796, American Cookery recognized this as one of the official dishes of the American Thanksgiving holiday. The spicy flavor of pumpkin and vanilla bean together create a delicious creamy pie.
9. Butternut Squash Soup
This soup is a traditional fall soup that best compliments the Thanksgiving meal. This freshly prepared soup can be best enjoyed with rolls. It is mostly prepared with veggie broth, maple syrup, butternut squash and some spices.
What to do on Thanksgiving Day?
Besides cooking the Thanksgiving meal, here are various activities that you can do to enjoy the holiday.
- Take a drive back to your hometown.
- Watch a sports match together
- Play some fun games
- Plan kid-friendly craft games.
- A family photoshoot is a great way to complete this day.
- Decorate your house and garden together in some traditional way.
- Lit up a Bonfire with some after-meal drinks.